To build Xamarin.Forms application in build center, kindly follow the steps described below.
Connecting to a source repository
To build your application in Mobile Center, you should connect your code repository service (GitHub, Bitbucket, VSTS) account. You can commit your application in any one of the below listed accounts.
- Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS)
For more details, we kindly request you to refer the below link.
Here we check with a GitHub example.
Sample in GitHub
We have attached the sample in the below link which is used for further explanations.
You can commit this sample in your GitHub account.
Restoring private NuGet
To restore NuGet, you should commit NuGet.config file at the root folder of your application in GitHub repository as per the below screenshot.
Your NuGet which you are going to use in your application should have been added as package source in that NuGet.Config file.
Build your application in Mobile Center
Please follow the below steps to know about how to build an application in Mobile Center.
1. Login into your azure account.
2. Once you logged in, click on Add new app.
3. Add the details about your newly created app such as Name, Description, OS, Platform.
4. You can create application in the OS/Platformwhich would you like.
Note: If you have created your application in Android OS under Xamarin platform, you can able to build Android platform only. You should create a new application, if you want to run your application in iOS under Xamarin.
5. Click the Build option to build an application.
6. You can select any one of the service listed below(Visual Studio Team Services/ GitHub/Bitbucket).
Ex: Connect your GitHub account and choose the repository which you created under your GitHub account.
7. Click on the branch as per the below screenshot.
8. Finally, Configure your build.
9. While configuring the build, you can change the Configuration mode either as Debug or release and Mono version too.
10. Once you done all the above configuration process, just click on the Save & Build option it will start to build your application automatically.
Note: Please refer the below link to know the brief details about how to build an application in mobile center project.
Whether you are creating cloud-native applications, infusing your apps with AI, or just getting started, Connect(); 2017 will inspire you to build the apps of the future. Join Microsoft’s Cloud Chief, Scott Guthrie, and top developer minds for the latest in open source technologies, Azure, Data, AI, DevOps, Visual Studio, Xamarin, and cross-platform applications. More…
- Bug 54993 – Xamarin versions installed by latest Visual Studio for Mac Preview are incompatible with the default Stable Xamarin version installed by Visual Studio on Windows More…
- Solution: a fecha del: 12/04/2017 – Alternate resolution for VS 2015 and VS 2013 user: update to the 15.2 Alpha versions for Xamarin on Windows
- Web Apps Documentation.
- Pluralsight – courses.
- Start learning with select Xamarin University courses.
Every front end needs a great backend. This is true now more than ever in today’s connected world, where it’s extremely important to have your data with you at all times, even if you are disconnected from the internet. There are tons of great solutions available for Xamarin developers including Couchbase, Parse, Amazon, Oracle, and, of course, Microsoft Azure.More…
Building mobile applications can be as easy as opening up the IDE, throwing something together, doing a quick bit of testing, and submitting to an App Store – all done in an afternoon. Or it can be an extremely involved process that involves rigorous up-front design, usability testing, QA testing on thousands of devices, a full beta lifecycle, and then deployment a number of different ways.More…